учителя английского языка
Труфановой Елены Александровны
Как начать разговор
- Excuse me. Can I tell / ask you something?
- Can I talk to you for a moment?
- Can I have a word?
Как спросить дорогу
- Excuse me. How do I get to…?
- Is there a (post office) near here?
- Could you tell me the way to…?
- I’d like to know…, please.
- Do you know where (the bus stop is)?
- And there is one more thing I’d like to know.
- And you wouldn’t know…, would you?
Как принести извинения
- I’m terribly sorry.
- Please forgive me.
- It won’t happen again.
- I didn’t mean to do it.
- It was so silly of me.
- I’m sorry for (something / doing something)
- I’m really sorry.
- I’m awfully sorry.
- I apologise.
Как принять извинения
- Oh, that’s all right, don’t worry about it.
- Oh, never mind, it doesn’t really matter.
- It’s nothing, forget it.
- It’s OK.
- It’s not your fault.
- I’m sure you didn’t mean to do that.
- I’d like to complain about the radio I bought last week. It doesn’t work.
- I’ve got a problem, you see. I’m afraid the window in my room doesn’t open.
- I’m sorry to trouble you but could you turn the music down?
- I’m sorry to say this but your children have broken my window.
- Can / Could you…?
- Would you mind (doing smth)?
- Do you think you could…?
- Do you think you could possibly…?
- Will you…?
Как попросить разрешения
- Can I / Could I… / May I (do smth)?
- Do you mind if I (open the window)?
- Would you mind if I (opened the window)?
- Is it all right if I (open the window)?
- I wonder if it would be possible for me to (have a holiday in July)?
- Is it OK / all right if I.. ?
- Would it be OK if I (did smth)?
- I was wondering if I could…?
Как дать разрешение
- Yes, of course.
- Yes, sure.
- Yes, that’s fine.
- No problem.
- OK / Yes / Yes, of course.
- I suppose so.
- (Do (would) you mind…?) Not at all. Please do.
Как не дать разрешение
- I’m afraid not. That’s not a very good idea.
- I don’t think it’s a good idea.
- No, please, don’t.
- I’d rather you didn’t.
- I’m sorry but that’s not possible.
- (Do you mind…) Well, I do.
- (Would you mind…) Actually, I would.
Как запретить что-либо сделать
- You can’t (smoke here), I’m afraid.
- I’m sorry but you are not allowed to smoke here.
- You mustn’t touch this switch.
- Dogs aren’t allowed here.
Как отказать в просьбе / отказать предоставить информацию
- Sorry, but…
- I can’t really…
- I’d love to, but…
- I would really like to help but…
- I’m afraid I can’t.
- I’m afraid that’s not possible.
- I’m afraid I can’t help you.
- I’d rather you didn’t (if you don’t mind).
- I have no idea, I’m afraid.
- I’m sorry, I really don’t know.
Как спросить совета
- What do you think I should do?
- Do you think I should (do smth)?
- Can I ask your opinion about smth?
- Can you recommend me (a cheap hotel)?
- Do you have any idea what I should do?
Как дать совет
- I think you should / ought to / could…
- I don’t think you should…
- If I were you, I’d (do smth).
- Have you thought about (doing smth)?
- Have you considered (doing smth)?
- Why don’t you…?
- You might enjoy (doing smth).
- You could…
- You’d better (not drink so much coffee).
Как назначить встречу
- I’d like to make an appointment with…
- Do you think we could meet soon to discuss it?
- Could we meet to talk about it?
- What time shall we meet?
- What time shall I pick you up?
- Does Monday morning suit you?
- Can you make it on Friday afternoon?
- Monday is fine with me.
- I’m afraid I can’t make it then but I could make Tuesday.
Как планировать на будущее
- Shall we prepare some Chinese food?
- What shall we bring?
- Who’s going to clean up afterwards?
- I’ll bring my CDs.
- I’ll bring some wine if you prepare the food.
- I’ll pick you up at 6 p.m.
Как выразить благодарность
- Thanks a lot.
- Many thanks.
- Thank you very much.
- That is / was very kind of you.
Как ответить на благодарность
- Not at all.
- No problem.
- Don’t mention it.
- Any time.
- That’s OK.
- You are welcome.
- It’s a pleasure.
- My pleasure.
Как внести предложение
- Are you doing anything on Saturday night?
- How about (going somewhere this evening)?
- What about (doing smth)?
- I’m (going for a walk). Would you like to join me?
- Why don’t we (go to the seaside this weekend)?
- Let’s (eat out tonight)!
- Shall I help you?
- How can I help you?
- Would you like to (do smth)?
- Do you fancy (smth / doing smth)?
- I was wondering if you’d like to (do smth).
- It would be great if we (did smth).
Как согласиться с чьим-либо предложением
- Good idea.
- Thanks. I’d love to.
- I’d be glad / happy to
- That’s a great idea.
- That would be lovely (great / good / useful / excellent / interesting / fun)
- That’s a good / an excellent suggestion.
- Yes, that’s probably the best option
- Why not?
- Sounds good to me.
Как не согласиться с чьим-либо предложением
- Sorry but I’m busy on (Saturday).
- Sorry but I’ve got to (do smth).
- (Are you doing anything on Saturday night?) Yes, I am. I’m going to the theatre.
- Thanks for asking me but I can’t.
- It’s nice of you to ask but I’ve already promised George.
- That’s a good idea but…
- I’d love to but…
- Yes, but don’t you think it would be better to…?
- I don’t think so because …
- Well, I’d rather (do smth).
- I’m afraid I’m busy tonight.
- I’m sorry, I’m expecting some guests on Saturday.
- This weekend is a bit difficult. What about next weekend?
Как описать картинку
- In the picture I can see..
- The picture shows…
- They look (tired).
- She seems / appears to be (happy).
- On the right / left there is …
- At the top / bottom there are…
- In the top right-hand corner there seems to be…
- In the foreground / background…
- I think they represent…
- The image reminds me / makes me think of …
- The setting is …
Как объяснить что-либо
- It’s something that (covers the window). You can (pull it).
- It’s a kind of (bed) that you can (sit on when you want to watch TV).
- It’s a (box) made of (wood) where (somebody keeps…).
Как привести статистические данные
- The cast majority of …
- Nearly half / all (of the respondents)…
- Less than half of …
- Nearly a third of …
- A quarter of …
- Hardly any…
- Compared to… it’s (ten times / 55% more (likely / common)…
- The contrast between (air travel) and (sea travel) is (in)significant.
Как начать рассказ
- It happened (a few years ago).
- It was a horrible accident.
- One day…
Как выстроить последовательность событий
- At first (I felt uneasy but….)
- While I was talking on the phone, I heard…
- At the same time…
- As soon as I heard the news on TV, I phoned Jim.
- First I …
- After that …
- Before that, I had prepared what to say.
- The next thing I did was to …
- Finally, … / In the end, … / Eventually…
Как закончить рассказ
- I’ll never forget that day.
- I’ll never ask a stranger for a lift again.
- It was the most unusual / unpleasant thing that has ever happened to me.
Как ввести аргумент
- To start with, …
- First of all,…/ Firstly, …
- Secondly, …
- Another thing is that …
- On the one hand, … but on the other hand…
- The main reason is …
- Another reason is…
- Well, the thing is that…
- It’s also true that…
- And on top of that…
- And finally…
Как привести пример
- For example, … / for instance, …
- To give you an idea,…
- One example of this is …
- Look at the case of …
Как подвести итоги
- So what comes down to us…
- The point I’m trying to make is…
- Let me just recap what’s been said so far.
- In short…
- In other words, …
- To sum up…
Как высказать мнение
- It seems to me that…
- I believe that …
- In my opinion…
- I think…
Как спросить чье-либо мнение
- What do you think of / about…?
Как попросить объяснить или повторить что-то
- Could you repeat that, please?
- Sorry, I didn’t catch what you said. Could you say it again, please?
- I’m not sure if I understand. Could you explain that, please?
- I don’t quite see what you mean.
- What do you mean by ‘funny’?
- What does ‘file’ mean exactly?
- Could you spell your name, please?
- Could you give an example?
Как выразить неуверенность
- I’m not quite sure…
- You see…
- Actually, …
- In fact, …
- What I mean is …
- The point is …
- Let me think.
- Frankly speaking, …
Как не согласиться с чужим мнением
- That may be true but…
- I’m not sure I agree with you.
- Perhaps, but don’t you think that…
- I can’t agree with you there.
- You can’t be serious.
Как согласиться с чужим мнением
- That’s exactly what I think / what I wanted to say.
- I couldn’t agree more.
- I agree entirely.
- So do I.
Как выразить различные чувства
Как выразить удивление и сомнение
- What a surprise!
- It can’t be true.
- You must be joking (kidding).
- You can’t be serious.
- I’m so surprised to hear that.
- I am shocked!
- I can’t believe it!
Как выразить страх и успокоить человека
- I’m afraid of the dark.
- I’m really worried about my daughter.
- I am (was) so scared.
- I was terrified that they would come back.
- It was the most frightening experience I‘ve ever had.
- Don’t worry. It will be all right.
- There is nothing to worry about.
- There’s no need to worry.
Как выразить ощущения
- I could smell cigarette smoke.
- The room smelt of smoke.
- The soup tastes delicious.
- It tastes like fish.
- She looks terrific.
- We could hear music everywhere.
- I felt something cold and wet touching my neck.
Как рассказать о своих интересах
Как рассказать о своих интересах и предпочтениях
- I like going to large parties.
- I enjoy going to large parties.
- I prefer tea to coffee.
- I hate going to school.
- I’d rather watch TV than go out.
- I’d rather not go out.
- I find the History of Europe very fascinating.
- I’m quite interested in History.
- I’m keen on football and hockey.
- I’m bored by nature films.
- I’m very fond of dogs.
Как выразить желание и намерение
- I’d like to go shopping.
- I want to be on time.
- I wish I had a more interesting job.
- I’m going to stop smoking.