- Учим названия месяцев и дней недели - ЭТО ВЫЗОВ!
- Do you believe?
- Describing pictures without seeing them
- Twelve appointments: spontaneous talk game
- Spontaneous talk: aliens' visit
- Полезные выражения
- My future job
- A Bit of Science
- Lapbook “About Myself”
- World cafe
- Урок в 3 классе: "Космическое путешествие"
Describing pictures without seeing them
This task teaches describing pictures in a quite challenging way. It would be better for the students to sit in a circle. The teacher gives the first student a picture and he/she has five seconds to look at it trying to catch and memorise all the details. Then he/she passes this picture to the next student and gets another one from the teacher to see for five seconds. In such a way students view five pictures. After that the pictures are removed and the students are asked to describe the first one.
Students should remember that the Present Continuous Tense should be used; they can use words and expressions such as:
- In the picture I can see..
- The picture shows…
- They look (tired).
- She seems / appears to be (happy).
- On the right / left there is …
- At the top / bottom there are…
- In the top right-hand corner there seems to be…
- In the foreground / background…
- I think they represent…
- The image reminds me / makes me think of …
- The setting is
- They are wearing…
The teacher reminds them not to forget to describe people’s emotions. When they can't recollect any more details, the teacher shows the picture on the screen and the students can enjoy the difference of their description and the real picture!